Wednesday 24 July 2013

FOOD

     This is my first time cooking. I don't usually cook at home but now that I am far away from home, I have to do this kind of things. Actually, its quite fun. :) We get to choose the ingredients ourselves and we get to explore about the food that we will be eating every dinner.
     I cooked with my roommate. We fried the eggs, sausages and the nuggets. As for the carrots, I boiled them. My roommate is very nice and helpful. She know lots of thing about cooking and she taught me how to cook several food. Although my cooking was not perfect, its edible and quite tasty, lol. I think rather than go buy food every dinner, its better to cook at home. It's cheaper and more hygienic! But of course at the end we have to wash the plates and pans ourselves. 
     My favorite food is sushi. I love eating sushi very much. But eating at a Japanese restaurant can be quite expensive and since my parents are not here with me, I can't afford to have such luxury. Actually making a sushi is not very hard, but in order to make sushi I must have the ingredients such as fresh salmon, tuna, octopus, dried seaweed, and the equipment such as bamboo rolling mat, finger sushi mold and pressed sushi mold. Purchasing all of them can be quite expensive and as an art student I still have others more important stuff to buy. But someday I would like to purchase the equipments and make my own home-made sushi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment